I have calculated that these muffins average at about 290 calories each, so not that skinny. However out of quite a large amount of batter, I only got 7 cakes due to my using very large cake cases. The whole batch is therefore around 2000 calories, so divide this by how many cakes you get out of it.
This recipe is very similar to my Wholemeal, Olive Oil and Mixed Spice Cake, I have a sneaking suspicion that if you reduced the amount of oil to 75ml and added a tiny bit more water you could cut down the calories a little bit more. It might also be worth experimenting with yogurt or buttermilk to replace the oil, infact I might do this next time and report back!
2 free range eggs
75g caster sugar
2tbsp runny honey
100ml virgin olive oil
30ml cold water
150g wholemeal flour
2tsp baking powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. Literally mix everything on that list together in a bowl until evenly combined, there's no order, Just dump it all in and go!
3. Divide between your paper cases, they will rise due to the baking powder, so be careful not to overfill.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on what size you have gone for
4. Enjoy hot out the oven or they will keep for 2-3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them and defrost when needed!
A guide to holidays on the Isles of Scilly, featuring Tresco, Bryher, St Martins, St Agnes and St Mary’s.
i’m returning to the stage at the Lead Developer London conference this June where I’ll be talking about my experiences hiring through an anonymous recruitment process and how this lead my team to conduct some very interesting research into what might put off traditionally marginalised job seekers from applying.
Welcome to my roundup of all I’ve been getting up to and loving from 25th Feb to 3rd March