There are some evenings when you just need a quick fix, something with warmth and comfort, that also requires minimum effort.
I created this recipe for such an occasion as you can have it on the table in just about 10 minutes! It also provides lots of energy to keep you going well on into the night, very important if you are like me and have a lot of revision to do!
Like the recipe, I will keep this post short and sweet. Everything was over so quickly I only had time to take photos of the finished product. I call that a hallmark of success.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 Cloves of Garlic
1-2 Red or Green chillies (depends on how spicy you like things! Red ones are usually mellower then green.)
2tsp Sesame Seed Oil or Vegetable Oil
1 Courgette, chopped into small slices (You can use a mixture of any chopped vegetables, you could try mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
4 Free Range Eggs
175g dry Udon Noodles
600ml Vegetable Stock
Light Soy Sauce to taste
1. Start off by hard boiling your eggs. (Not sure how: see Delia's instructions here)
2. Whilst the eggs are cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan until sizzling, then add the chili and garlic and stir.
3. As soon as you can smell the garlic, add your vegetables and stir fry on a high setting for approximately 7 minutes until golden. At this point you can start boiling the kettle to make your stock.
4. Start cooking your noodles according to the provided instructions, this should take about 4-5 minutes.
5. Drain your eggs, remove the shells, place 2 eggs in each bowl.
6. Make up your 600ml of stock according to instructions.
7. Drain your noodles and divide them between each bowl and pour over the stock.
8. Finally, place on top the stir fried vegetables and add the soy sauce to taste
9. Finally, enjoy!