Cooking with vegetables seems to be a big thing at the moment, with recipes ranging from carrot truffles to beetroot chocolate cake.
I'm a big fan of anything homemade which introduces more veg to my diet, especially as I'm trying to really cut down on processed food.
I'm a big fan of having a bit of an afternoon treat with my
, so I wanted to create some little brownie bites which I could feel slightly less guilty about.
Avocados are a great substitute for butter and oil in recipes, as they full of monounsaturated fat. I also substituted ground almonds for flour, as they add extra protein to the bites!
Ingredients -Makes 16 small bites
2 small or 1 large ripe Avocados
2 tbsp Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
25g Ground Almonds
1 large Free Range Egg
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder - Use raw cacao powder if you have it!
1 Sweet Freedom Original/Dark
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease or line a 16 cupcake pan (I used coconut oil)
2. Mash the flesh of your avocados with a fork until they are almost a guacamole -esque texture.
3. Add the Choc Shot and Sweet Freedom Original/Dark, mix, then add in the egg.
4. Add in the ground almonds and cocoa powder slowly until everything is evenly mixed
5. Place 2 tsp of the mixture in each section of the muffin pan then bake for 15 minutes.
The muffin bites will keep for up to 3 days in a sealed container!
Does anyone else have any good recipes for baking with veg? I would love to try some more out so please tweet them to me
or link in the comments!