1. There is never enough coffee or enough time.
2. Weekends? What is a weekend?
3. On that note... What is a holiday?
4. Preparing accounts is literally the seventh circle of hell. This is why you can stomach handing inordinate amounts of money over to an accountant... just make it go away!
5. Introducing yourself as the CEO, but missing out all of your other job titles... (cleaner, secretary, social media assistant, marketing manager, coffee girl, etc.)
6. There are some days where you literally feel on top of the world, universe, everything! There are others where everything falls apart and you wish the earth would swallow you whole.
7. The panic which sets in when you realise the 31st of January is coming up and you have lost your self assessment log in...
8. Having 1000 business coaches try to sell you "essential" training courses via LinkedIn
9. The indescribable feeling you get when you make that first sale
10. People expect you to be rich. You laugh at them a lot, then cry a bit inside....
11. Trying to resist the urge to answer emails at 2am in the morning, but giving in anyway.
12. Your best friend is your computer. Followed by your phone. Then maybe some people come into the equation.
13. There is no shame in taking a very important call whilst sat in your PJ's, after all, they are essential work wear!
14. The feeling when someone asks to speak to the boss and you legitimately can say, "yes, they are speaking"
15. Having a love/hate relationship with inspirational quotes.
Most of the time they are the worst things in the world, however sometimes you just need to hear...
"You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow"
(Usually this is after 2 glasses of wine on a particularly stressful Friday)
16. Reading the "Four Hour Work Week" and feeling a bit let down that it's taken more than four hours to even read...
17. Having an inbox full of sales emails from virtual "SEO specialists" - because of course they can get you ranked number one in Google for every search term you ever dreamed of.
18. You have an outside caterer come in every once in a while, they are called justeat.com
19. Reading 100 articles titled "how to make an extra $2000 dollars a month sat on your arse doing absolutely nothing" because wouldn't that be nice. In a fantasy land.
20. In an attempt to take your productivity to a new level you now have an app which tracks every metric in your life (food, sleep, exercise, thinking, positive thinking, negative thinking, non thinking time....)
21. Every day you seem to wake up with another business idea... "wouldn't it be great if I set up a poppadom restaurant with a live cabaret show?"
22. The saying now goes: work hard, work hard. Sleep hard.
23. At times it can feel like running through quicksand, but you never want to do anything else or work for anyone else ever again!